South Whidbey Community Park
Introduction / Acquiring the property / Fundraising and promotion / Clearing the land / Building construction / Acknowledgements
In the Fall of 1978 a small group of community organizers began to lay the groundwork for the development of a community center on South Whidbey Island. This is a record of their activities.
The Origin and Early Development of the South Whidbey Island Community Center
- Chapter 1. Acquiring the property
- Chapter 2. Fundraising and promotion
- Chapter 3. Clearing the land
- Chapter 4. Building construction
- Recreation preference survey by the Students of the Recreation and Parks program, Western Washington University, under the direction of Dr. Jim Moore.
- Tim Scriven’s book “The Origin and Early Development of the South Whidbey Community Center” in PDF Format: Updated 2014