South Whidbey Island Cemeteries
Thanks to the work done by volunteers of the Island County Genealogy Society and hosted on WAGenWeb we have transcriptions of those interred at our local cemeteries.
Bayview Cemetery, Whidbey Island
East Section (newer)
West Section (older)
T29N R3E Section 17
At the junction of Bayview Road and Howard Road, near Washington Route 525, between Freeland and Clinton on Whidbey Island. The cemetery is bisected by Bayview Road into the east side and the west side, grave sites being numbered separately on the two sides.
Langley (Woodman) Cemetery, South Whidbey Island
Section B Section C
T29N R3E Section 3
To reach the Langley Cemetery from downtown Langley, go south on Anthes Street to 6th Street. Turn right on 6th Street and in about 1/2 block turn left on Anderson. The cemetery is located on the left about 3/4 mile up Anderson Road. This is the oldest cemetery on South Whidbey Island. It was begun in 1902 by the Woodmen’s Lodge and operated by them until 1913 when it was deeded to the town of Langley which has operated it since.
Mutiny Bay Cemetery
Near Freeland just off Mutiny Bay Road in the 5600 block. There are no grave markers.
St. Peter’s Lutheran Cemetery, Clinton
T29N R4E Section 19
Located on Wilson Place near Brighton Beach Road in the community of Clinton at the southern end of Whidbey Island. It is directly behind Saint Peter’s Lutheran Church. The cemetery was established in 1904 after Chris and Martha Berg donated one and a half acres to the church. One acre was used for the cemetery and one half acre for a new church building. The cemetery was later turned over to the community and the Clinton Cemetery Association was formed.