Another colorful Langley pioneer was Miss Zillah Skidmore who, in 1902 owned the im-pressive two story house on Cascade Avenue overlooking the town dock, Saratoga Passage, Mt. Baker and the Cascade range. She farmed 19 acres and was famous for diversification of her farm products which included 15 varieties of apple trees. Her property included Langley’s first community hall which was torn down in 1984. It also included the site of the present Christian and Missionary Alliance church. Miss Skidmore originally came from England and the 1910 census lists her age as 54 at the time. Her brother, Benjamin listed in 1910 census as 50 years old, lived with her as did a 10 year-old foster son, Arthur Hoffman.