Archives

Category Archive for: 'Churches'
Trinity Lutheran in Freeland

Trinity Lutheran Congregation began as a Sunday School on November 2, 1952, at 9:30 am in the Seventh-Day Adventist Church at Freeland, Washington, under the direction of Pastor A.L.S. Mathre, from St. Peter’s Lutheran Church at Clinton, Washington. Pastor Mathre …

Lone Lake Lutheran Church / The Deer Lagoon Grange

In 1904, Lone Lake Lutheran Church was built overlooking the lake.  It served Norwegians and other Scandinavians.  From 1909 to 1911, the Reverend E. J. Sandvig was pastor for both Lone Lake Lutheran and St Peters Lutheran Churches. Early pictures …

Langley United Methodist Church

Langley United Methodist Church will marked the 100th anniversary of its sanctuary in 2009. It’s considered to be the oldest house of worship on South Whidbey. United Methodist actually got its start before the turn of the century. About 20 members …

St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in Clinton

St. Peter’s Lutheran Church was organized in 1901 in the home of Jacob Simmons.  Originally called St. Petri Norsk Evangeliske Lutherske Menighed.  The church served Norwegian and other Scandinavian people. The first pastor was Reverend Peder Isberg.  He had served …

Trinity Lutheran Church in Freeland

Trinity Lutheran Congregation began as a Sunday School on November 2, 1952, at 9:30 am in the Seventh-Day Adventist Church at Freeland, Washington, under the direction of Pastor A.L.S. Mathre, from St. Peter’s Lutheran Church at Clinton, Washington. Pastor Mathre …

St. Augustine’s-in-the-Woods Episcopal Church

In 1950, St. Augustine’s in-the-Woods was created as one of two new mission churches on Whidbey Island under the auspices of Trinity Episcopal Church in Everett, Wash., in order to bring the Episcopal Church to people on the 52-mile-long island …